JAMES BEVERIDGE MEDIA RESOURCE CENTRE AJK Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia CALL FOR PROPOSALS The JB MRC, AJK MCRC announces its second round of independent fellowships for the period March 1, 2009 – August 31, 2009. Applications are invited for the Junior Research Fellowships.
- The application and research proposal should be in English.
- The proposed research should have a strong theoretical component that engages with the debates in the broad disciplines of Photography, Cinema, Media or Cultural Studies.
- Applicants must be enrolled for a research degree (MPhil or PhD) from an Indian University.
- They must be residing in India and should have an account in a bank operating in India.
- They must be PAN card holders or should have applied for a PAN at the time of being awarded the Fellowship.
CONDITIONS FOR THE AWARD OF THE FELLOWSHIPS:
1. The Fellowship will carry a monthly award of Rs. 7,500/-. 2. The Fellowship will run for a six month period from March 2009 to August 2009. 3. The fellows will be required to have a mentor preferably in their institution who will guide them with their research work. 4. Partners, groups and collectives can apply for a single fellowship. The award will be payable to the account of any one representative. 5. Fellowship recipients cannot be recipients of any other grant or fellowship during the same period. 6. The fellows will be required to submit bi-monthly progress reports on their research work to the JB MRC and present their research findings in a seminar at the end of the fellowship period. They will also have to submit a final research paper/report of their work to the JB MRC. 7. The primary materials collected as part of the grant must be submitted to the JB MRC at the end of the fellowship period. This should preferably be in a digital form: as CDs, DVDs, scans, digital images etc. 8. The copyright for the research work and the primary material generated in the course of the research will be shared by the JB MRC and the research fellow. The JB MRC may undertake the publication of certain research findings as monographs. The fellow is free to publish the material elsewhere, but the support of the JB MRC will have to be acknowledged in any such publications and prior notification given to the JB MRC.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications should be marked JB MRC Junior Research Fellowship Proposal to be sent through post or in person to:
Ramesh Kumar Programme Officer James Beveridge Media Resource CentreAJK Mass Communication Research Centre Jamia Millia Islamia New Delhi 110025
(Electronic applications will not be accepted)
The application should include the following:
- A cover letter clearly mentioning the name, email address, telephone number and postal address
- Research proposal
- Writing sample
- Work plan
- Two letters of recommendation
Deadline: February 20, 2009
Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org or 011-26981717, Ext-4109
ABOUT JB MRC: The James Beveridge Media Resource Centre, which has been set up with a grant from the Sir Ratan Tata Trust (SRTT), is devoted to the study, research and contemplation of contemporary media praxis with a special focus on Asian Cinemas and Documentary Films. It houses curated film collections in addition to journals, books, monographs and catalogues. Locating itself at the intersection of theory and practice, it conducts courses, offers fellowships, organizes public lectures, conferences, seminars, workshops and special screenings. It works towards complementing the hands-on learning experience at the AJK MCRC by creating an intellectually vibrant space for theoretical engagement, research and study.